The Lipstick Plant is ideal for hanging baskets and pots. This perennial plant is native to Vietnam, Thailand and Malaysia. It has ornamental fleshy, pointed oval leaves and produces brightly coloured flowers. In colder regions (such as Tassie) grow as indoor plant in a warm and humid environment.
Aeschynanthus are known for their long flowering brightly coloured blooms as well as their ornamental leaves.
Aeschynanthus Plant Care
- Remove dead and unsightly foliage and faded or brown flowers.
- Aeschynanthus need a high light but not direct sunlight.
- Water your Lipstick Plant thoroughly, but allow it to dry slightly between waterings.
- Do not over-water as it may cause root damage and yellowing of the leaves.
- Fertilize the Lipstick Plant during the warmer months.
- Avoid draughts and strong temperature fluctuations.
If you have heating units or air-conditioners, it is best to avoid placing plants underneath or next to them. This is because of the air blowing out from these units can be extremely hot or cold which can leave a healthy plant burnt, damaged and stressed.
Plant Shipping - WE CANNOT SHIP PLANTS OUTSIDE OF AUSTRALIA!!!
- Flat Rate $20 shipping for plants within Australia, this for example would cover say 2 x 130mm plants that we bare root and can fit in a small satchel. Note, for much bigger plants we may need to charge a little more than the $20 and this would be on a case-by-case basis with our aim to ship for the least amount possible. You may choose to cancel the order should shipping not be acceptable to you.
Please select $20 Plant Shipping at checkout.
Note: Plants shipped to mainland Australia will arrive bare rooted.
We CAN NOT ship plants to WA.
*Disclaimer: We pack our gorgeous plants for shipment extremely carefully, however we do ask that you keep in mind that once they leave our store, we cannot guarantee how carefully they are handled in transit. We cannot guarantee they have been sung to or talked to by the postmen!
So, if a leaf is a little bent, bruised or maybe a small stem broken off, we cannot control this. If by some chance your plant did not arrive alive, never fear, we have got you covered just email our customer service team firstname.lastname@example.org and we will either replace the plants pronto or refund you.