After receiving many customer requests, we are excited to introduce the latest addition to our Merry People Gumboots family - the Darcy mid calf gumboot.
We wanted to create a boot that was a step up from our Bobbi gumboot, with a taller silhouette, enhanced traction sole and increased functionality in wet and muddy conditions. With an adjustable gusset on the back, the Darcy is suitable for a range of different calf sizes.
- 100% waterproof and tested for sub-zero temperatures keeping your toes dry and toasty-warm
- Made from natural rubber with flexible 4mm neoprene lining
- Mid-calf length boot with adjustable rear gusset
- Enhanced traction sole tested by Intertek Global testing laboratory
- 100% Vegan, not made from any animal products, or tested on animals
- Arch support for all day comfort
- Sole design is inspired by the rolling hills of South Gippsland, Australia - the home of our founder!
*Merry People boots have been designed to be a lifestyle boot. While our enhanced traction soles have undergone testing, they have not been designed as a work safety or snow boot. Please note, this sole is not necessarily slip-resistant on surfaces with oil or the combination of water and oil.*
We recommend the inner sole of the Bobbi boot to be around the same length as your foot (no less). The neoprene lining around your foot will soften over time.
We suggest you go with your standard shoe size (don't order bigger for socks.) If you wear thick socks, then measure your foot wearing the thicker socks.
Are the boots true to size?
Our boots run true to size, so we recommend ordering your normal shoe size. The size guide on the product page shows the innersole measurements making it easy to compare our boots to an existing pair of shoes you already own. For half sizes, we recommend sizing down.
Will they stretch?
Both natural rubber and neoprene have flexibility and elasticity, so our boots will soften as you wear them. The boots are initially a little snug, they will stretch over time. The neoprene lining also has similar properties to memory foam so will mould to your feet over time.
Can you add orthotics?
Yes, all Merry People boots have a removable inner sole, which makes it easy to add inserts. We recommend you check the length of your orthotic against the length of the Merry People inner sole to ensure a comfortable fit.