Anthuriums are herbaceous epiphytes native to tropical America. Anthurium is a genus of more than 800 species found in the New World tropics from Mexico to northern Argentina and Uruguay. The Anthurium is also known as Painted Tongue, Flamingo Flower (Flamingo Lily) or Tail Flower.
Anthuriums are grown for their brightly coloured flower spathes and their ornamental leaves.
Anthuriums Plant Care
- Remove dead and unsightly foliage and faded or brown flowers.
- Use a peat moss base.
- Anthuriums need a high light but not direct sunlight.
- Water your anthurium thoroughly, but allow it to dry slightly between waterings.
- Do not over-water the anthuriums as it may cause root damage and yellowing of the leaves.
- Fertilize the anthurium plant about every other month.
- Avoid draughts and strong temperature fluctuations.
- In winter, anthurium plants need a 6 week rest period at a 15°C with little water. This allows the plant to flower profusely again in the following season.
If you have heating units or air-conditioners, it is best to avoid placing plants underneath or next to them. This is because of the air blowing out from these units can be extremely hot or cold which can leave a healthy plant burnt, damaged and stressed.
WE CANNOT SHIP PLANTS OUTSIDE OF TASMANIA!!!
*Disclaimer: We pack our gorgeous plants for shipment extremely carefully, however we do ask that you keep in mind that once they leave our store, we cannot guarantee how carefully they are handled in transit. We cannot guarantee they have been sung to or talked to by the postmen!
So, if a leaf is a little bent, bruised or maybe a small stem broken off, we cannot control this. If by some chance your plant did not arrive alive, never fear, we have got you covered just email our customer service team firstname.lastname@example.org and we will either replace the plants pronto or refund you.