We’ve got a little DIY project for you!
How stunning does this peace lily look bare rooted and happily growing in water? You can easily create this centrepiece at home with a few easy steps!
- Purchase one of the lovely Hurricane jars
- Choose your favourite colour pebbles to go with (we chose the natural river pebbles)
- Select a plant from our plantary... we suggest a peace lily or a Sansevieria but many plants will be happy like this!
- Get a bottle of The plant runner indoor plant food to keep your water plant thriving
- Bare root your plant being careful to clean out as much of the soil from the roots as possible
- Place pebbles (or not totally optional) in the jar and then top up with Distilled water (or use fresh rainwater) add a couple of drops of liquid fertiliser.
- Sit the plant in the jar, roots just covered with water.
- Change the water every fortnight to keep the plant happy and healthy, remembering to add a little plant food with the new water.
*Other plants that will be happy in water are, Alocasia, Pothos (Devils Ivy), Philodendron (Most varieties), Natal Ivy, Spiderwort, Spider Plants and dumb canes (Dieffenbachia)
Please note this does not include the plant. Plants have to be purchased separately and we cannot ship plants outside of Tasmania.
Pebbles come in 900gm containers. We used 2 containers in our jar.